Monday, June 16, 2008

First Day of Work

Sorry guys!Haha!So long nv blog liao.Thought i am abadoning this blog already rite?Haha.Had been so busy going out la.Tat's y no time to blog too.hee

Anyway, gonna share with you all about my 1st day of work.

My 1st day of work gave me a really big shock. All along I was told that I would be entering to the child and adolescent department to do some outreach work.Therefore, the supervisors and such briefed me about the children programs and make me mentally prepared for the job.

Then, the shock came in. A lady from the Psycho Geriatric department, which means the elderly department, handed in a resignation today and therefore there is a place there that needed a social worker urgently.

Hence, the supervisors had a meeting and decided to ask me would I mind to change to the elderly department instead. Although my passion may not be in elderly, seeing that all the timings of events fitted so well coincidently, I believed that God is trying to plan things out for me. So, I accepted the offer to go to the elderly department.Maybe it's Lesson 1 for my obedience to God.Haha.

The staffs there are all very nice and welcoming. My office is a ward that contains 4 people including me.Haha.And one of them is a same batch course mate with me.Phew.So gald to have someone I know to work with.hee.

Since this is my 1st day, everything is still quite slack for me.But I know my slacking time will not be long as I see my fellow colleagues was busy like mad while I was just sitting around reading.haha.

Cheers
Tommy
------------------------------------------------
Crazy Catchline of the day:
你懂为什么是“华山论剑”吗?
因为你爬上华山后,你已经没有力气“练剑”了。。。。

------------------------------------------------
Taste Of Honey:

There are people who asked me why would I choose IMH where there are many sad cases to work in.
This is my reply:

The situations that the patient are in may be saddening.However, I am happy that I am in a position that is able to do something and improve their quality of life.It is far much better than knowing about the existence of these situations but not being able to do anything at all.

2 comments:

  1. wow! sounds interesting! a switch from children and youth to elderly... whatever it may be, i think its gd that u accept it with grace! :) Try to learn (absorb like a sponge) as much as possible when u're there! enjoy ur journey as a social worker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *salute!!! go and be MAD ok!! make a difference! hohohoho.. haf fun wif ah gong and ah maaa!!

    ReplyDelete