Friday, April 11, 2008

Blessings of Goodies and Freebies!

You know what?God is a Gracious God. He always bless me with many many things. And Today!Right in the morning!He blessed me with 2 Bananas...

You may think what so great about bananas rite?Let me tell you this. The NUS Arts canteen bananas are so popular that it's usually sold out completely before 10am!Serious!If u reach at 10.01am, the aunti will tell you "Sorry ah boy. Too late for u. No more banana for u."I had received that tormenting, heart breaking and saddening statement for almost consecutively 3 times this week!But well, Thank God, Today I finally have my dose of BANANAS...2 SOMEMORE!!!

My friend was telling me "Tommy, you die liao. You getting addicted to bananas already."
Me: " Well, that might explain the seemingly increase of body hair on my body..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, my social work friend passed me the goodie bag for social work day which falls on 15th April. Really Thank God for blessing this lazy bum (which is me) with caring and helpful friends to help me collect and pass it to me.


This is what the goodie bag has on its surface as a design defining social worker.

Social Workers are often seens as volunteers...But no man!WE DRAW MONTHLY SALARY!!!Not that we don't have a good heart and want to cheat the society's money. But we still have families to take care of and need to eat and live k?How to help others when we are the one that needed the most help 1st rite?Haha...

This is what we paid $30 for....a bag,a polo-tee, a card holder and a notepad...

Haha..No la..We will still have a Dunno-how-many-course dinner at Mandarin Hotel next tuesday.Hope the food is gd...haha!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, Next blessing...

Today I got this wonderful talk...although I half fell asleep....by 2 alright looking shiseido girls in the Perfume and Cosmetic Class. They had given us alot information on skin cares and make ups (and maybe that's the reason i fall aslp...). Well,my focus of blessing is not about the 2 shiseido girls la.It's the SAMPLES that we can receive!!!!

This is the men's skin care sample. Din even know shiseido got men's range.Haha...




This is the ladies' make up sample. I took one set and gave to my mum.Hopefully she will thank God for such a filial son who remembers her whenever he(me) see ladies samples. haha..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Highlight of the day is the Planet Shaker Concert!!!Really thank God for Jason who has the tickets! (Not that I dun thank God for him when he dun hav the tickets la..haha..)

Really had a great worshipping time and great moment with God. Btw, it's a great workout with all the jumping, hand raisings and standing most of the time. No wonder christians that are from churches that have this kinda worship always looks slimmer.Maybe shall implement to my church one day and call it the "Slimming worship service" to attract the big crowd of people with the intention of slimming down. Confirm works sia!My church will expand a hundredfold after this implementation sia.Haha!


Anyway, saw my social work classmates there too. Really Thank God for these people as all will one day come out to work for the society and improve the well being of others.



And ya!Glad to see you there too!Manson, Shuan and Shuan's sister!Haha...Must put here sia. Just in case u all read my blog and see i nv mention u all then u all humdum me sia.Haha!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, there goes my never-ending post again...Think I better stop here. Otherwise no one dare to read my blog anymore as every post seems so long.

Oh...btw, I share add one more section to my blog..."Taste of Honey". It shall contains meaningful statements that I had heard or read somewhere such that everyone can think about them. WhyI name it Taste of Honey ? Two reasons: 1) I have to relate it to my blog name rite?haha... 2) Honey is beneficial. Hope it benefits people who reads it too.

Cheers
Tommy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crazy Catch line of the day: Tommy, the Spoiler

Well, this happened in the concert, where my usual self came out again and be a spoiler..haha.
Spoiler #01

Singer :" Thank you everyone for attending. I really had great joy to be here with all of you. SINGAPORE IS A GREAT PLACE!I LOVE SINGAPORE!"
Crowd:" Whooo...."*Clap Clap Clap*
Me to Dion and William: "I think he say the same thing to every country they went to and ,every band that came to Singapore will say the same thing."
Dion & William:"......"

Spoiler #02

Speaker: "Something happened to me when I heard the worship CD through my headphone with the door locked and closed. It's not because of the singers, it's not because of the music. SOMETHING UNUSUAL HAPPENED that changed my LIFE.."
Me to Dion and William: " I think the headphone leaked electricity and He got an electric shock...."
Speaker:" It's the lyrics that they sing about Jesus and how amazing He is."
Dion:"......"
William:" STUPID YOU!PAY ATTENTION AND STOP BEING A SPOILER LA!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taste Of Honey:
This statment is used by Mr B Chee when he tried to suan another person...
"Apparently, the principles that you followed will not get what you desire."
Think about it: Does your desire match your principles that you follow? If not, maybe you have to change what you desire....

No comments:

Post a Comment